- European SASci Workshop Sept. 22-24m Pilsen, Czech Republic
- European Meeting of the Society for Anthropological Sciences University of West Bohemia, Pilen, Czech Republic The Society for Anthropological Sciences (SASci) will hold a 3 day workshop Sept. 22-24 2010 at the University of West Bohemia, Pilsen, Czech Republic. The workshop is co-organised by Dr Daniel Sosna (U. of W. Bohemia) and Dr Stephen Lyon (Durham U.). The workshop has been made possible by the generous support of the Wenner-Gren Foundation, Durham University and the University of West Bohemia. Contact David.Henig@durham.ac.uk for more information about this event. * [Workshop Website](http://darwin.dur.ac.uk/pilsen-sasci/Pilsen_SASci_2010.html) * Download the [workshop programme](http://darwin.dur.ac.uk/pilsen-sasci/sasci-pilsen2010.pdf) (pdf):
- Past-Meeting: SASci Meeting 2010 - Albuquerque
- February 17-20, 2010 ## SCCR/SASci Meetings in Albuquerque NM The upcoming meeting of the Society for Anthropological Sciences, will be held in Albuquerque, NM, on 17-20 February 2010. The meeting will be held at the Albuquerque Marriott, and we will be meeting jointly with the Society for Cross-Cultural Research. Please plan to participate in the meeting, if possible, and also please alert your colleagues to the upcoming meeting. * [Preliminary Programme](http://www.sccr.org/sccr2010/program.html) * [Further information](http://anthrosciences.org/csac/SASci/mkdn/Meetings/SASci2010.mkdn) * *[Register online](http://anthrosciences.org/Payments/index.html)* CONFERENCE REGISTRATION (rates after 2-1-2010) Member -- $110 Non-member -- $130 Student-only social -- $10 Advance registration registration closed * [Further information](http://anthrosciences.org/csac/SASci/mkdn/Meetings/SASci2010.mkdn) * *[Register online](http://anthrosciences.org/Payments/index.html)* See [SCCR website for other details](http://www.sccr.org/sccr2010/)
- Past-Meeting: SASci Annual Meeting 2009 - February 18-21 in Las Vegas
- SASci 2009 - 5th Annual Meetings Las Vegas February 18-21, 2009 Hilton Garden Inn, Las Vegas Strip South. - [Meetings Information](http://anthrosciences.org/csac/SASci/mkdn/Meetings/SASci2009.html) - [Register and Pay online](/Payments/index.html)
- Past-Meeting: SASci Annual Meeting 2008 - February 20-23 in New Orleans
- The theme for the 2008 SASCI meeting is "Integrated Anthropology." - [SASci 2008 Programme](http://anthrosciences.org/csac/SASci/mkdn/Meetings/sasci_sched08.mkdn). - [Abstracts and Index](http://anthrosciences.org/csac/SASci/mkdn/Meetings/sasci_abstracts08.mkdn). You can register and [pay online](/Payments/index.html). Register before Feb. 1 for pre-meeting rates. [The call for sessions and papers is closed] We hope that some of you will consider organizing or participating in panels. At present, we are looking for people to volunteer for one (or more) of the four, theme-related panels described below: 1. What does a solid four-field undergraduate program look like? 2. How are the four fields integrated with each other and what are the benefits of an integrated anthropology? 3. Papers on research conducted by a single researcher or an integrated team that combines two or more of the four fields. 4. What are the top 10 things (ideas/facts/methods/theories) from each of the subfields that every anthropologist should know something about? One way this session may be organized is to let experts hold forth, i.e., biological types to speak for biological anthro, linguist types for linguistic anthro, etc. *We are also seeking submissions from individuals who wish to present a paper or organize a panel on other themes as well.* People interested in submitting a paper for or chairing one of the above proposed panels please contact [Victor de Munck](mailto:email@example.com?subject=SASci Meetings); [Eric Jones](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=SASci Meetings) or [Amanda Stronza](mailto:email@example.com?subject=SASci Meetings). The 2008 meetings will be held February 20-23 in New Orleans at the *Le Pavillon Hotel.* Hotel information can be found on the [SCCR site](http://meeting.sccr.org/). Registration forms will be the same as those used last year and can be found on the [SASCI web site](http://anthrosciences.org/csac/SASci/mkdn/Meetings/SASci2008.html).
- Past-Meeting: SASCI Meeting 2007: February 21-24, 2007, San Antonio, TX
- SASCI Meeting 2007: February 21-24, 2007, San Antonio, TX Four-Field Anthropology and Science Final programme available | [PDF USA](http://anthrosciences.org/SASci2007/Programme/SASciProgram2007.pdf) | [PDF A4](http://anthrosciences.org/SASci2007/Programme/SASciProgram2007-A4.pdf) | [Read Online](http://anthrosciences.org/SASci2007/Programme/index.html) [Registration and hotel information](http://anthrosciences.org/SASci2007/index.html) http://anthrosciences.org/SASci2007/index.html The Society for Anthropological Sciences (SASci) will be meeting jointly with the Society for Cross-Cultural Research (SCCR), February 21-24, 2007, San Antonio, Tx.
- Past-Meeting: SASci Meetings at the AAA 2006 - San Jose
- **Methods in Cultural Anthropology panel** Session Date & Time: Wed. 11/15/2006, 6:00 PM - 7:45PM Room: Ballroom A5-Concourse-San Jose McEnery Convention Center **Business Meeting for the Society for Anthropological Sciences Interest Group** DATE SCHEDULED: 11/17/2006 TIME: 06:15:00PM - 07:30:00PM ROOM: Meeting Room B4-Concourse-San Jose McEnery Convention Center **Society for Scientific Anthropology Executive Board Meeting** DATE SCHEDULED: 11/16/2006 TIME: 12:15:00PM - 01:30:00PM ROOM: Pacific-2nd Flr-Hilton San Jose & Towers
- Papers published for MACT Prize Winners from SASci Santa Fe 2005
- Mathematical Anthropology and Cultural Theory (MACT): The Journal for the Scientific Study of Culture MACT prize awards for papers presented at the February, 2005 meetings of SAScI, at Santa Fe. [descrption] The on-line journal Mathematical Anthropology and Cultural Theory (MACT) has awarded three prizes for papers on "cultural theory" presented at the SASci meetings in Santa Fe, Feb. 2005. These papers will appear in a special issue of MACT in the Autumn, 2005 at http://www.mathematicalanthropology.org/ Best contribution to the development of formal/mathematical theory on anthropology: Lawrence A. Kuznar of Purdue University, and his co-authors, for their paper entitled "Nomad: Simulating Cooperation and Conflict Between Nomads and Sedentaries: ($200.00) Best Application of formal analysis to a ethnographic domain: Douglas D. Caulkins, of Grinnell College and his co-authors, for the paper entitled "Perceiving Ethnic Differences: Consensus Analysis and Personhood in Welsh-American Populations" ($200.00) Best Student Paper: to Sean Downey, of the University of Arizona, for his paper entitled "Experimenting with 'LAD Culture': A Simulation Based on Willis' 'Learning to Labor' " ($100.00) Follow the link to the MACT Contents page to download these papers.
- Brief Report on First SASci General Meeting Santa Fe 2005
- Over the 24-26 of February 2005 we held 13 scholarly sessions and one business meeting; no executive committee meeting was held. Through much of the 3 day period we had two sessions running concurrently from ca. 8 am to ca. 7 pm. The 13 scholarly sessions included 6 organized SASci symposia, one joint SASci/SCCR organized symposium, 3 sessions of volunteered papers, 2 special sessions in which a presenter introduced a new topic or approach for general discussion, one general discussion session on a broad topic (cognitive anthropology). The Thursday evening business meeting was attended by ca. 35 members. Additionally, Professor Ralph Bolton and the Inn of the Turquoise Bear generously provided and hosted a Wine and Cheese Reception Thursday night after our business meeting-for which we are most grateful.